[Paparazzi-devel] best practices for keeping track of your airframes and

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] best practices for keeping track of your airframes and config
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:20:01 +0100

I wonder, how do you guys deal with the problem of keeping your config files up-to-date. Ideally with version history and across multiple machines.

Using git of course. But how do you tackle the problem?
I use a airframe which is based on a upstream examples file. I would like to track upstream changes of that file. But I also like to keep my own history.
And I don't want to push my crap upstream of course.
I guess I could fork it on github (or locally) and keep back-merging all changes from upstream. I'm actually pretty sure that is the way to do. Still like to know if anyone has a better idea?