[Paparazzi-devel] safe procedures for low battery conditions

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] safe procedures for low battery conditions
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:27:50 +0100

Out of two flights I got two times totally caught off-guard when the plane entered critical battery condition. The second time it even lead to the plane landing in a tree.

How do you guys deal with that? I noticed that I just don't read the log enough. If I would know it's time to come home I would initiate a safe landing. A text to speech warning would help a lot. Or a big popup (libnotify style). Anyone done anything like that? I guess I could bash something together with ivy perl bindings...

Cheers
 Tilman