Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Configuring Xbee in API mode

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Configuring Xbee in API mode
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 22:10:58 +0200

Hi Steffen,

> I just worked thru the Xbee configuration in API mode.
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Subsystem/telemetry

The XBEE_INIT has some strange commands which I couldn't find in the
Xbee spec.

<define name="XBEE_INIT" value="\"ATPL2\rATRN1\rATTT80\r\ATBD6\rATWR\r\""/>

not sure that this init string is needed. At least we do not use it, we only program the modems serial speeds once and store the config permanently (with the Maxstream/Digi config software). The hard-coded AT commands in the C code are sufficient for turning on API mode.

ATPL2 is output power
ATBD6 sets baudrate to 57600
ATWR writes the settings
but
ATRN1
ATTT80
are not part of the Xbee AT command list.
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000976_K.pdf
(Chapter 10. XBee Command Reference Tables, page 129)

Any idea what's behind this?

The XBP09-XC009 manual says that RN sets the number of retries and TT sets the number of bytes after which a random delay is inserted.

Martin