Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA 2

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA 2
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 21:59:07 +0200

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry about the lack of 5V pins. Yapa initially was a board to interface with the XSens imu, and only gradually became a TWOG alternative. As the board is only 2-layer, and all 5V were at the top, interference-wise it was not good to have 5V traces split the ground plane so they were not added. In 4-layer it would be easy.

We faced the lack of 5V pins too. E.g. In http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/File:Yapa_v2_molex_gps.jpg the pin with the red wire was cut loose and connected with a wire on the bottom of the PCB to the 5V.

1) you can re-use the ADC's initially meant for thermopile for anything else. No problem. Just make sure you do not apply > 3.3 Volt. If you need more, the C31-R25 and C32-R29, originally configured as low-pass filters can be reconfigured as voltage deviders. E.g. C31=1k and R25=3k3 -> input can go up to (3k3+1k)/1k * 3.3V = 14 volts..

2) yapa 2.0 supports all 10 servo pulses using the 4017 driver for LPC21: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/v3.9/sw/airborne/arch/lpc21/servos_4017_hw.h

however: it will not generate PWM on all channels by default as it will use the NB_CHANNELS define. So if you define less servo's in your airframe file I think the highest servo channel number will determine the amount of pulses sent.

-Christophe