Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA v2.0 Hardware failures

From: Romney, Jefferson S
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA v2.0 Hardware failures
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 02:59:16 +0000

I remembered somewhat wrong. I went back and looked at them again. There are
four that have gone bad:
1. This one happened just as I said. the 5v regulator went bad like you
mentioned, and the 3.3v line is shorted to ground. but the 5v line is not
shorted.
2. This one turned on, but gave bad pwm signals to the servos. as far as i
remember, this one never actually quit completely.
3. This one a wire came loose and shorted so no question there.
4. on this one I plugged it in the other day and c38, the big capacitor on the
bottom went up in smoke. battery voltage is shorted and 5v is shorted but the
3.3v line is not. my guess is that this may be a short in the power supply as
well.
5. This one I thought had done the same as #1 but on further investigation, i
found it was the barometer not the autopilot itself. when I unplugged the baro,
it worked fine.

I guess I really only have questions about 1 and 4.

Thanks,
       -Jefferson Romney