Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Simulation

From: Jorge Pantoja
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Simulation
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 00:17:22 -0400

Hi Felix,

Thank you for your help. I will you know how it goes.

If the problem persists I will just uninstall everything and reinstall the whole software and see how it goes. I will check with other computers and Ubuntu versions.

On the other hand, please check the video of the link below and learn about what will be the final application of the Paparazzi Autopilot. All the help that you can give us will be deeply appreciated. PPZUAV has been helping us by donating some hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxZtMkUfcnw

The current status of our autopilot is the following:

- We have successfully integrated the Yapa 2, CHIMU, Ublox GPS, 900 MHz Xbees and the 8 Channel PPM Encoder.
- Our Autopilot communicates with no problem with the ground station meaning that we have an stable telemetry link.

We are a few steps away from going into flight test (simulation first). The first mission we would like to accomplish consists on a manual conventional take off and landing, switch to Auto2 mode on the air and make the airplane go to a waypoint and have it make circles and then come back. How would be the best way to program this in the autopilot? I guess should just leave out the take off and landing blocks from the flight plan and program the rest right? However, we will go for automatic Take off and Landing after completing the first tests.

Best Regards,
Jorge