Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver

From: Christoph Niemann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:35:42 +0200

Hi Tilman,

what I know is that at least for the Dx6i, the communication between the main-board of the tx and the radio-module. The switch (at least at my Dx6i go to a digital input of the AVR of the tx. So, there shouldn't be a way to just connect a three-way switch of the tx. What possibly can be done is, to take the serial-stream of the main board, put it into another AVR, use this to add more channel (up to 12 i think) and transmit this over the radio-module.  A solution like this (in german) can be found here: http://www.node-b.de/index.php?page=dx6i-expander . I'm currently thinking about building something like this as well for my Dx6.

Cheers

Christoph