Re: [Paparazzi-devel] NewUserProblem: Flashing to Lisa/M on MacOSX 10.7.

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] NewUserProblem: Flashing to Lisa/M on MacOSX 10.7.4 --> "No module named usb"
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:34:31 -0600

Hi Andreas,

You are indeed missing the PyUSB library. There has been some
discussion about the best way to include this in the Paparazzi binary
install for OS X.

Could you give some more details about your setup? Do you use Macports
or a similar system ( I assume you do)? What method did you use to try
and install py26-pyusb, py26-scipy, python_select? What is your PATH
env var set to? What python(s) do you have?

If you are using Macports, you can install python 2.6 and py26-pyusb
or alternatively, python 2.7 and py27-pyusb-devel, after which you
will probably have to select which python is the default by running.
To find out what pythons you have installed, run:
port select --list python
To select which python is active/default:
sudo port select --set python python2X
where X is 6 or 7.

If you aren't running Macports or a similar system (I am not sure how
to configure homebrew or fink), you can try and install pyusb into the
default apple python (again, I am not sure how to do that).

I will try to update the wiki documentation on this soon.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer