Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibrate the IMU/GYRO

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibrate the IMU/GYRO
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 19:55:47 +0200

Hi,

The gyro sensitivity indeed seems to be the cause of this.
I also did a quick test with Aspirin v1.5 (IMU3000 gyros) and I didn't
observe any drift. So there the defaults (datasheet) gyro sensitivity
seems to be correct.

But testing with Aspirin v2.1 (MPU6000) I saw significant drift, so it
seems the datasheet gyro sens is not really correct there.
Gautier tested with Umarim (ITG3200 gyros) and the gyro sens seems to
be not quite correct there either....
Maybe this has to do with the voltage? The gyro sensitivity in the
datasheet is only specified for 2.5V, but we are running them at 3.3V.

Does anyone have a turntable to do a gyro calibration with either a
ITG3200 (Umarim or Aspirin 1.0-1.3) or MPU6000 (Aspirin 2) to compare?

Cheers, Felix