Re: [Paparazzi-devel] airframe config - minor adjusts - help needed

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] airframe config - minor adjusts - help needed
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:33:44 +0200

Hi Eduardo

Fly higher, so you have more time to recover manually as long as the
autopilot is not well tuned. 150m AGL might be a good starting piont.

First make sure your plane is trimmed nice and straight in manual
flight. Follow one of the tuning manuals on the wiki. Then adjust
PITCH_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT and ROLL_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT so the PFD is neutral
in horizontal flight. Use tuning_ins.xml.

The throttle issue might be the behaviour of a PID control using a lot
of igain, but only little pgain (and dgain). Try decreasing igain and
increasing pgain. Follow one of the tuning manuals on the wiki.

Good luck and happy landings!

Reto