Re: [Paparazzi-devel] mikrokopter

From: Regius Asiimwe
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] mikrokopter
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 04:23:44 +0930

Thank you but that kind of money i do not have available for the project since it is a research uni project.

Thank you Heinrich, it is good to know.

Cheers,

Regius

On 15 May 2012 03:27, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Eduardo
i forgot 2 of the best ones ( but there are very expensive about 10k Euro):
Astec and  Microdrones.

The vibrations sensitive result of the rate sensors. The best sensors are the adx610 from analog device.
Mikrocopter (MEMS version the fist use piezo very temperature sensitive but no vibrations problems) Astec, Microdrones, HBautopilot
and the first Paparazzi from pione use this kind of sensor.
The best theoretic work was done by Dr. Wendel ( UNI Kahlsruhe Prof Trommer). He is a cofounder of Mircordrones.
The group of Prof. Trommer had the best Quadrcopter  for windy weather on the EMAV 2009.
Our bremen group  ( Dr. Neitze and W. Thileke) got  the best  practice  to use price of the EMAV2011.
I think the feedback control systems used by Paparazzi are not the best ones.
Have you the source of the waypoint navigation used in Mikrokopter?

Heinrich

Eduardo lavratti schrieb:

Prof. i have my consideration about this 4 platforms.

For professional job i use Mikrokopter for years with long range license.
Its Super stable and i am confident with this platform.
The problem is the navigation code that not FULL opensorce.

Arducopter: Arghhhh
I am not confident with this platform.
The altitude lock is not stable.

PPZ - if you not have knownow not chose this platform.
Its very dificult to configure and very sensitive to vibration.
The airborne and ground station is very good. I think this is the best one.
The only think need modificatiuon is the way the WAYPOINT´s work.

Openpilot.
I never used this autopilot but i think its better than arducopter and my be the mikrokopter but its too expensive if you chose the complete option with high level navigation board.
Its very easy to configure.

My ranking is:
1-MK
2-PPZ