Re: [Paparazzi-devel] aspirin 2 and LPC

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] aspirin 2 and LPC
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 01:27:22 +0200

Hi,

The MPU6000 driver functions (spi as well as i2c) should be separated
out into sw/airborne/peripherals/ instead of directly using them in
the aspirin2 driver. That should then also be usable independent of
the architecture without problems.
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/190

Heinrich, if you are working on this anyway, patches (pull requests)
for a better separation of this would be very welcome!

IMHO it is confusing to use the aspirin driver as a module in
fixedwings (via i2c) and as a subsystem otherwise.
Is there a specific reason why this is a module for fixedwings?
It would make sense to have all essential components (like the imu) in
subsystems (like it is for rotorcrafts).... or at some point unify
both as briefly mentioned in
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/23

Cheers, Felix