Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ATMMega PPM Encoder

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ATMMega PPM Encoder
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:45:25 +1000

> Our PPM encoder board is blinking at high rate and we have tried with
> different cables to make sure nothing is broken, so our board and
> connections seem ok.

By high rate, do you mean ~1Hz or ~3Hz? If it's blinking at 1Hz, the
PPM encoder is telling you that it's not outputting PPM, and your
symptoms are expected. If it's blinking at 3Hz, you should expect to
see PPM.

>It may be something associated with any
> failsafe issue?

Perhaps. Can you test the PWM output of your receiver channels?

If you have not changed the "throttle failsafe" configuration in the
PPM encoder, and your chanel 3 PWM is > 2025 microseconds, then the
PPM encoder will not putput any PPM and should be blinking at 1Hz.

Simple check - is your receiver in failsafe? if you plug in servos
instead of the PPM encoder, do they folow the sticks?

Chris Gough