Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi doubt

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi doubt
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:29:21 +0200

Hi,

please send questions like this to the mailing list, not directly to me.

Hi felix,
   I have few doubts regarding the paparazzi software flashing on to the TWOG board. We have a TWOG board with ArduIMU V2 and Ublox GPS receiver.
1) As a first step I connected my TWOG board with my PC and make sure the connections are alright and open the paparazzi center. Then I  selected the aircraft which i am going to fly with the corresponding airframe configurations modified.
2) After that I have selected the option 'ap' in the target and and said build and upload as per the procedure given in wiki, now i have a doubt what all code that goes in to the board.

Which code gets compiled and uploaded, depends on the firmware and subsystems you have added in your airframe file. From your airframe file the  var/<ac_name>/Makefile.ac is generated, which in turn includes the specified subsystem makefiles that add the C files to the list of sources to compile.
When compiling you see which source files are used and they are also listed in var/<ac_name>/ap_srcs.list .

3) What all code i have to select to burn it on to the target and how will i do that?

That depends on your setup. Everything in that regard is specified in your airframe file. See the wiki and the example airframes.

4) Since iam using ArduIMU, where should i include that arduimu.c and arduimu.h file in to paparazzi code? How will i make sure whether my paparazzi center picks up those file?

 http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/ArduIMU

5) In case of ArduIMU V2 what all files i need to include other than those two files which i mentioned in Si.no.4 and where to include in the paparazzi software.

My basic problem,  is i am not getting the feel of what all software goes into the board and from where all these files are picked up? will paparazzi center does that on ots own or we have to specify and select what ever we want? I request you to give me these information so that i can proceed further.

See above