Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hexacopter

From: Simon Wilks
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hexacopter
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 00:06:09 +0200

I don't know about it's suitability in general but to get around the PWM problem you could use an I2C to PWM converter like this http://abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3&zenid=e14a65b50c75f3497735e1f454f69817

If you are using the DJI ESCs they will be fast enough to make the setup probably still fast enough given the 2-3ms delay in the conversion step.

Here is a sample hexa airframe config with the matrix: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/airframes/Poine/h_hex.xml

Simon