Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Introduction, Q's about STM32 development

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Introduction, Q's about STM32 development
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:12:33 +1100

> Hopefully there's no competing microbiologists out there, I think I've come
> up with a fairly simple collection system.

They are all out here, the list archives are in the public domain :)

I missed the "micro" bit, imagined a pith helmet and butterfly net...

> The system involves one or more sample pods...

Ok, i get it. How far would the excursions be from launch? If your only going a
km or so, it might be a lot easier with a vehicle that can hover.

> Additionally I'll need some fire support aircraft around to put out any fires
> that crashed piles of electronics might create.  Has anyone done any work
> with fire support aircraft?

Not worked with them, but I live in a bushfire prone area and have seen then in
operation a few times. They are enormous, not a job for drones (this decade).

>  I see that as a problem unless I can make the aircraft in a fire proof
> manner.  Lipos can really burn hard under the wrong conditions.

Have you checked out LiFePO4 batteries? I believe they don't have the same
issues with fire/explosion.

Chris Gough