Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum telemetry, can it be done?

From: Eric Parsonage
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum telemetry, can it be done?
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 02:23:25 +1030

Hi,

The spektrum telemetry unit is basically a separate transmitter module it
doesn't use the main receiver to transmit.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM9548

It can work without being even connected to a receiver.  But if you connect it
to the right sort of receiver then you can get signal quality information. We
already have access to that within Paparazzi and I expect decoding the format
required to send this to the telemetry module will be trivial ( I am betting it
is in the same form as it comes out of the satellite receivers).

This would be pretty easy to do if you can justify spending money on something
that is already available in the GCS.

Eric