[Paparazzi-devel] LisaL/Aspirin IMU Issues

From: Luke Barnett
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] LisaL/Aspirin IMU Issues
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:42:57 +0800

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to paparazzi and have been trying to get a quadcopter with Lisa/L and Aspirin IMU working over the last few months. However, I have noticed that after a period of time that I the quadcopter would seemingly lose orientation. For example the pfd would suddenly change orientation even when the quadrotor was on the ground. Luckily this has only happened a few times whilst actually flying.

I have been benchtesting the setup out of the airframe and have been able to replicate the issue quite easily by just leaving running on the bench. After a period of time (so far between 8 and 14 minutes run time) it occurs again and what I have notices is that the raw accelerometer readings go haywire around the same time. Prior to this everything seems to  be behaving normally. I've attached a screenshot of the logs to illustrate what is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Luke