Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS battery.

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS battery.
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:49:06 +0000

Hi Helge,

I am currently installing a Paparazzi LEA-5H-0-007 GPS board into my
Funjet. The board is now 2+ years old, and I consider the life of the
battery.

that is the name of the u-blox module, not the entire board. Do you have the name of the board? Most Paparazzi GPS boards have large capacitors rather than batteries (that retain data and clock for hours/days).

Are there any signs I should look for that would show a weak battery?
Also, if I change the battery, will the GPS hold configuration data
while it is being done?

In any way it will work again when replacing a battery and having it receive satellites again. The backup battery only influences the time to first fix and its initial quality.

Martin