Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA v2: Resistor Removal for GPS/RS232

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA v2: Resistor Removal for GPS/RS232
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:56:22 +0100

Dear Simon,

I put a resistor there to avoid short circuits (when a gps tries to put the tx bit high/low on the GPS header while the rs232 chip tries to drive it the other way). So it depends on which resistor was actually used. Some people simply short circuit this R1. In that case you have a problem. If the resistor is 1k (resistor text 102 or 1001 or 1B) or more there is no problem and it will work even with the resistor.

-Christophe