Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU, jeti and SD logger

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU, jeti and SD logger
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:00:29 +0100

Partial reply:

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Cédric Marzer <address@hidden> wrote:

The other idea is to use an onboard sd card to record the flight. If I remember well, someone has used a dedicated tiny to do that task. I guess a dedicated microcontroller is necessary because of the time it takes to write on the sd or am I wrong ?

Dedicated microcontroller is needed in order to use standard SD libraries. With an own assychone driver it can be combined.

The last idea is to replace the ir sensor with an IMU. I know that many people have worked on it, but it is difficult to understand which system is the more mature so far. Remember I am ok with the LPC2148 and I don't necessary want to explore other microcontrollers unless there is a very good reason for it.

Aspirin and Arduimu are relatively well tested on lpc. While for thermopiles you had temperature contrast constraints, for these imu on the other hand you get absense of extreme motion contraints. The only difficulty is the definition of extreme motion: e.g. vibrations beyond sensor range are obviously extreme motion while often overlooked, bad calibrations with significant turnrates is also extreme etc...