Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPZIMU problem

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPZIMU problem
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:11:49 +0100

Hi Jorn,

The second part should be easy: The RC is powered from the SERVO power rail. The default on YAPA is to have a separate 5V for your RC stuff (especially servo's) and the onboard 5V ONLY for the autopilot, modem, gps and imu. Both can be connected using the pads called "switch" under the xbee (the one closest to the servo connectors is the RC-5V while the other is the DCDC 5V). Closing this switch is nice for testing in the lab and powers your servo's and RC from the autopilot but is not recommended at all for flying (large planes).

About the imu, I have too little info to guess the problem. Could be wiring, could be hardware, could be voltage (3.3 or 5v?), could be software (during startup code is waiting for a reply), ... still I find it weird you have not even the periodic 1Hz led.

-Christophe