[Paparazzi-devel] tunning PIDssss and fixed YAW

From: Eric BAHIER
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] tunning PIDssss and fixed YAW
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:36:38 +0200

Hello,

My multi rotor is almost ready for service.

Currently I try to test in fly with big wind :
The PIDs attitude was setted to have a very stable fly in attitude. nice result! the second step I setup the horizontal PID, nice result with low wind. When the wind growup the quad begam creasy...I reduced the "attitudePIDs", the result began better (it stay in place with 25km/h wind). if the wind grow up i need to be back in "attitude mode", during the creazy periode the YAW begam creazy to.... it begam very difficult to save the quad, because it is difficult (impossible) to know where is the front, back, right....

If I could have a mode with "automatique" and quickly "orrientation restore", this fixed mode could use the take off orreintation, or the powerup orrientation (other sugestion could be better...) When we know the flying sens, it will be realy easier to sav the quad...

regards,

Eric