Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ubuntu 11.10 ivy-ocaml issue & temporary fix

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ubuntu 11.10 ivy-ocaml issue & temporary fix
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 23:25:10 +0200

Hi again,

It seems the problem is not with pcre-config but with new default options to the linker regarding the handling of shared libs (especially the option--as-needed).
So you have to reorder the libs in the gcc call. But in nearly all cases we don't need to link to libpcre anyway, as it is not directly used.
See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToolChain/CompilerFlags#A-Wl.2C--as-needed and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/ToolchainTransition for more details.

I "fixed" this in the dev branch and I've had no problems on Ubuntu 11.04 (natty) and 11.10 (oneiric).
It would be nice if someone could test this on osx and debian as well, then we can merge it into master.

Cheers, Felix

This should be fixed in the dev branch, if these changes don't cause any problems elsewhere we'll merge it into master.