Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Time to fine tune...

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Time to fine tune...
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 22:09:25 +0100

Hi Lorzenz,

[Sorry Volodymyr, I usually leave them alone: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Fixedwing_Configuration#Vertical_Control has a reference for the code which actually uses them though, so you can see the control laws where they are implemented]

Like http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/GCS#Settings and http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/GCS#Papgets ?

QGroundControl is a great piece of work and working together to draw together the open source UAV community is definitely a good idea, but many of features have been implemented by paparazzi a long time ago (although not necessarily very discoverable :)). It might be worth doing a few simulated flights via paparazzi just to familiarize yourself more with how the complete system works; the loose coupling between all the components via the ivy bus does take some getting used to. The Messages tool and the ivy command line utility are both invaluable for understanding the message passing system of paparazzi.

Again, thanks for your work: it would be great to have a FreeDesktop(FreeUAV?) type organization to promote interoperability, especially given the increasing interest in the area.

Cheers!
Gareth