Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Modifying Paparazzi for non-UAV activities

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Modifying Paparazzi for non-UAV activities
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 02:00:35 +1100

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:56 AM, James Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello :)

> -          Each of our projects uses a different type custom made sensor and
> so we want to be able to specify which sensor we want to use for each
> project. Is this possible with Paparazzi and if so, could someone show me
> how to replace a sensor..

Did you see this?

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modules

> -          We also would like to redirect the messages sent from the sensors
> to another program for manipulation and storing. We wanted to avoid using
> the existing loggers and use our own logging program. Is this possible? Is
> it just a matter of replacing some code in the XML file or could we tap into
> the Ivy bus and capture the messages being sent?

Your own ivy logging agent might make sense, especially if you want to
post your log messages somewhere in real-time.

> -          Finally, each of our projects is for different clients we have
> and they all want a different style of interface for their project. Some
> want a visual display, others only require text-based. How hard is it to
> modify or replace the GCS?

The GCS is very flexible without touching ocaml. Think twice before
you roll your own, you might be able to simply reconfigure it to meet
requirements.

The python message tool is a nice example of a different approach.

Chris Gough
--
.