Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink / QGroundControl v1.0.0 available

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MAVLink / QGroundControl v1.0.0 available
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 01:13:05 +0200

Hi,

just some quick thoughs on this as well:

I think it would be nice to integrate MAVLink into Paparazzi.
First maybe just integrate it into the airborne code so you could see
telemetry within QGroundControl (first without flight plans support).
The Paparazzi Flight Plans concept does not neatly fit into the
waypoint list based concept of QGroundControl (at least not on first
glance).
But we could add support for flight plans to MavLink and in principle
to QGroundControl as well I guess.

Not really sure what the best way is for the long run.
We could make another datalink client that reads MAVLink messages from
the serial port and posts them on the IVY bus.
But I haven't looked at the differences/similarities between the
standard MAVLink and Paparazzi messages so far.
So if we really want to support both, Paparazzi and MavLink messages
at the same time, we'll have to take a closer look at the common
messages.

I don't really have the time to do this myself, but I can provide
support to whoever wants to tackle this...

Cheers, Felix