Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera

From: Simon Wilks
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:37:33 +0200

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Rui Costa <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Simon, thank you for the info.
>
> After reading a lot, I will build something like the Mikrokopter Hexacopter
> XL. Have 40min of autonomy, so I think I will be capable of 20 min flight
> for some payload types.
>
> Maybe we can join efforts to develop one with a paparazzi board (maybe
> Lisa/L with booz IMU or aspirin IMU). What you think? We can create on wiki
> a specific page just for that kind of rotorcraft.

Sure. I have the Lisa/L and an Aspirin IMU. If I recall you don't have
a Lisa/L yet right? Perhaps the Lisa/M is worth a go too (they are in
stock).
Once I get a response on the exact list of things I will need for a
hexa I will probably order it. Even if I get a Droidworx frame it will
use MK electronics. Then all I need is to keep finding time here and
there ;)

> I saw a lot of videos on the web with Mikrokopters platforms and the
> stability for video filming is incredible. I was thinking if paparazzi has
> the same stability capability? (I think yes)
>

> About the I2C controllers. What you think will have a better performance?
> Make the I2C Mikrokopter controlers and modify the paparazzi code to run it
> with I2C bus or buy commercial available ESC's?

It sounds like Thomas might have worked out how to do it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2010-12/msg00218.html
In particular Felix's response indicates it is probably just a setting
in the config.

Regards,

Simon