Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera

From: Rui Costa
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCOPTER FOR 500g camera
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:11:16 +0000

Hello all,

Simon, thank you for the info.

After reading a lot, I will build something like the Mikrokopter Hexacopter XL. Have 40min of autonomy, so I think I will be capable of 20 min flight for some payload types.

Maybe we can join efforts to develop one with a paparazzi board (maybe Lisa/L with booz IMU or aspirin IMU). What you think? We can create on wiki a specific page just for that kind of rotorcraft.

I saw a lot of videos on the web with Mikrokopters platforms and the stability for video filming is incredible. I was thinking if paparazzi has the same stability capability? (I think yes)

About the I2C controllers. What you think will have a better performance? Make the I2C Mikrokopter controlers and modify the paparazzi code to run it with I2C bus or buy commercial available ESC's?

Cheers
Rui Costa

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM, antoine drouin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hola

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Christophe De Wagter
<address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] control matrixes in your motors.

aka asctec v1 protocol

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Simon Wilks <address@hidden> wrote:
>The discussion around Y6 (tricopter coax) vs Hexa goes on an on but
>the high level summary seems to be if you want something portable and
>need a large field of view go for the Y6. For more stability the
>larger hexa is the better bet as you have more props evenly
>distributed around the center. Some think the coax setup causes a
>touch more vibrations but opinions on this vary widely.

In my opinion, the main concern about coax configuration is the
efficiency of the lower rotors, which, from working in the wash of the
top rotors is greatly reduced. The scilab script I made for computing
the mixing matrix assumes equal efficiency for all rotors. In the case
of a coax configuration, you'll probably need a different Ct for the
top and bottom rotors.

hth

Poine