[Paparazzi-devel] component soldering in a tiny 2.11

From: GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] component soldering in a tiny 2.11
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:47:19 +0200

Hi,

after a crash, my tiny2.11 autopilot lost a component from the pth08080wah (as I have realized after trying to upload code or starting session without achieving it for a while). I have a complete replacement part, and I wonder if I would be able to desolder the incomplete one and solder the new one. I have seen it has four big "legs" which fit in the board and that has made me think that perhaps I could do that without ruining anything. I have a conventional soldering station and am not an expert (actually I have only soldered wires, connectors and standard 2.54 pins to boards...).

What is your advice?

Furthermore, do you think that something more in the autopilot may have been damaged too? Is there any way to test it or should I change the energy switching power and test the tiny?

Thanks

Ana