Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Changing the main loop frequency on the Tiny

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Changing the main loop frequency on the Tiny
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:46:48 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Of course you can... just depending on what you use you might need to
code a bit ;-)
I assume you are using an imu that you can read with a higher rate?
Which one? As a subsystem or module?

For fixedwings you can set the rates of reading imu, propagation and updates:
   <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="120"/> <!-- IMU FREQ -->
   <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="120"/>
   <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="60"/>
Then you can <define name="AHRS_TRIGGERED_ATTITUDE_LOOP"/> to trigger
the control loops when a new attitude was computed.
I just commited a small fix to the dev branch:
- update the fw_estimator not only after a correction, but after
propagation as well (if correction is running at a lower rate)
- if you use AHRS_TRIGGERED_ATTITUDE_LOOP way it only is triggered if
you actually have a new attitude estimate and not every time you get a
gyro callback.

This is all not especially nice, we should be able to set this more
flexibly (and e.g. also select a lower rates for gyros than accels,
etc...).
So feel free to improve this in main_ap.c
;-)

Cheers, Felix