Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU's

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU's
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:26:00 +0200

Hi Christope,
it would be great if you can make holes to solder and mount the new sparkfun hardware direct to you YAPA.
Also it  would  be great to open the second i2c (one wire or pad ). With opening the second i2c i think, YAPA can also be used for quadrocopters.
We make a lot of automatic take off  with the DCM without problems.
If you go to the take of point, the GPS has the direction if you hold the plane forward.

Heinrich

Christophe De Wagter schrieb:
Work is on its way to include Magnetometer in order to get the auto-takeoff right (as it does not work so well yet since the filter needs a bit of time to get the heading right).

Please note that http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10252 is not compatible at this moment as the driver needs to be changed a bit for the talk-through-i2c. It was already made and will hopefully be added to the master soon.

-Christophe

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:34 AM, David Conger <address@hidden> wrote:
FWIW: This one: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10121 also works since fixed-wing doesn't use MAG.
-David