Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Sparkfun GPS module

From: Bernard Davison
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Sparkfun GPS module
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:48:17 +1000

I would highly recommend against this GPS.

While the helical antenna gets great reception the connector on the board is
less than desirable.
I found that the connection would frequently break and so you frequently lose
the GPS completely.

Instead I can confirm that this GPS
https://store.ppzuav.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=75 works
with the Lisa/L
Also I believe some have used the MediaTek
http://store.diydrones.com/MediaTek_MT3329_GPS_10Hz_Adapter_Basic_p/mt3329-02.htm
 but I have no experience with them.

HTH

Cheers,