[Paparazzi-devel] Flashing the autopilot

From: Joseph Wagster
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Flashing the autopilot
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:59:23 -0700

Hello:
My peers and I are trying to use the Lisa-L board to fly our quadrotor project.  So far I have installed the paparazzi center and become familiar with the use of blocks and other ground control station operations.  I recently recieved the autopilot board and was successful in testing and flashing the stm32 on the board.  However I had a problem flashing the overo.  The documentation made it sound as though the overo was built into the board, and because I was able to see two ttyUSBX ports I believed that it was there to flash.  I then realized that I did not have the overo.  However, my concern is that i was not able to install the paparazzi-omap package.  Whenever I try to install it using apt-get in the terminal i recieve

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package paparazzi-omap

I then tried to compile openembedded myself.  However I am a novice with linux and was unable to "clone Allen's openembedded tree" using

git clone git://gitorious.org/linux-omap3/openembedded.git org.openembedded.dev

I then went to the website and found git://gitoroius.org/linux-omap3 and created my own clone for this.  I was unable to clone this to the founder in the instructions on the wiki.

I then asked a friend to help me figure out how to find the paparazzi-omap package in the ubuntu repository.  He determined it was indeed not there.

End game, I want to use the overo but I was unable to find the repository containing this.

Thank you,
Joseph Wagster (quadrotor)