[Paparazzi-devel] long range gruond based communication

From: Balazs GATI
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] long range gruond based communication
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:00:52 +0200

Dear Developer,

this is the first time I write on the list, but we started the work with paparazzi in 2010.01 and last summer performed about 10 successfull testflights with the original paparazzi package (EasyGlider, Twog, AC4868). (Chris provided a lot of help in his blog.)

We are very impassioned and this year we would like to extend our capability with a long range ground based communication between the test field and the university. To avoid large mess in our (already operating!) system, I would like to ask you for some hint.

The task relating paparazzi is to send some of the received telemetry data via serial port (different to one used by the radio modem) of the notebook running the GCS. Unfortunately we are quite noob to C, IVY and Ocaml, but python looks more closer to our capabilty :( Could you suggest us a proper approach to manage the task? For example the python version of the "messages" window can be changed to perform this task? Or do we need to change more module in the system?

Best regards,
 Balazs

--
Balazs GATI, PhD