Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Instalation Error!

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Instalation Error!
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:32:52 +0200

Hi Matheus,

regarding your first email: you get that error if you were not able to
build everything correctly and you try to execute
 $ ./paparazzi
Since paparazzicenter was not successfully built, it can't be found
under ./sw/supervision/paparazzicenter (that is what gets started if
you type ./paparazzi
(Or you tried to start it from a different directory without setting
the PAPARAZZI_HOME environment variable.)

I should have guessed (or asked)... you have a 64bit amd machine.
So, regarding the second mail, we still don't have binary packages for
64bit, that is why the packages are not found!
None of the core-devs currently has a 64bit machine so we don't have
packages for this.

Anyone up for creating some 64bit debs so we can upload them to the repo?

So this means that currently you have to install all the dependencies
of paparazzi-dev by hand.
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Install_paparazzi_and_everything_from_scratch
is a good guide for doing this, but the script is not totally
up-to-date.

Also for installing the cross-compiler toolchain, you should be able
to use paparazzi-portability-support
(https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi-portability-support):
 $ cd ~
 $ git clone git://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi-portability-support.git
 $ cd paparazzi-portability-support/linux/linux32/arm-none-eabi-gcc-linaro
 $ make
Although this is in the folder named linux32, it should work just fine
under amd64.

Maybe someone with a 64bit box can shed a little more light on this....

Cheers, Felix