Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about IRV

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about IRV
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:38:33 +0200

The vertical sensor is used to calibrate the contrast. Some days the sky - ground difference is just a few degrees, some days almost 100 degrees...

I think the old code with horizontal only was even removed as it works much better WITH vertical sensor, even when not flying inverted.

Horizontal only is possible, but you need to calibrate before every flight and recalibrate when sudden clouds appear...