Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New member

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New member
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:19:03 +0200

Hello Willy,

first of all, sorry, I do not speak French.

in my opinion you won't find any navigation device for 10€. A commercial GPS (with display etc)
is just around 60€? and its accuracy is up to 10m depending on weather conditions.

Also, if you really need 30cm of accuracy and the device must be cheap, in my opinion you just do not need a navigation device (like paparazzi or other autopilots), you have to go to collision avoidance sensors (in addition to a GPS).

Doppler effect is not suitable for environments where the humidity and temperature do not remain stable. You should aim for optic devices, like infrared (they are cheap, it's only 10€ the sensor). If you have a little electronics experience, you can check out Arduino (look it up in google) to make sensors work.

Cheers
Hector.