[Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"joystick question (GARCIA ALVAREZ)"

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"joystick question (GARCIA ALVAREZ)"
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 19:03:52 +0300

Hi.
You get the same exactly response that i am getting when i use the 9xtend modem.
When i use the normal Xbee 2.4 ghz at 9600 bps all problems disappear.
This shows that 9600 bps are enough but somehow modems differ.
Of course the use of this modem limits the range.
I have emailed digi about that but until now there is no solution or an explanation about what is causing this. I do use the latest software and so far i have flight tested only the camera with the joystick as i don't dare fly with a joystick yet. I need to make a easyglider prototype which is easy to fly in order to try this. One thing i noticed is that in the messages.xml file the RC_4CH message has the flag "broadcasted"
but this does not work well for me so i changed it to "forwarded"
Chris