Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Adding NMEA to the gps type

From: Andre Devitt
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Adding NMEA to the gps type
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:52:32 -0400

Hi Todd-
   I hope to send a pull req for this later this afternoon. If you
want to try it out soon you can download the files
sw/airborne/gps_nmea.c and .h, as well as
conf/autopilot/subsystems/fixedwing/gps_nmea.xml

Beyond that you just need to edit conf/autopilot/fixedwing.xml and
change the GPS line to read <subsystem name="gps"
types="ublox_lea4p|lea5h|nmea"> to allow the selection of nmea as a
gps type.

IIRC the code has a configuration string that is hardcoded (will
change before pull request) that configures an MTK GPS to have a fix
rate of 5Hz, as the default on the modules I've used is 1Hz. Should be
harmless in the case of a different GPS.

Andre.