Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM encoder

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM encoder
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:47:17 +1000

Hi Roman, some answers

> Do you need to flash an ATmega328 using an AVR ISP, when it comes straight from the store?

You should't have to.

I did accidentially circulated some ATmega168 with the correct firmware but wrong fuse settings. They were usable like that (encoded PPM) but the LED's didn't flash propperly, you would need an ISP to fix one of those (or just use it like it is).

> And how could you check if it is flashed correct, without to try to run it together with ap board?

Apart from using a logic analyser or scope, I don't think so.

> As I know for ATmega168 it was the frequency of the LED. Is it the same for ATmega328?

I think they behave exactly the same (assuming they are set up right :). There are a few versions kicking round though, I haven't tried all of them.

Chris Gough