[Paparazzi-devel] PPM wiring

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM wiring
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:02:01 +0100

Hi all,

I did use ATmega168 PPM encoder before and it seems to be damaged now. So I ordered a newer one that is ATmega328. I am confused a bit, it is not clear how to wire it?! Three wires (+,-, signal) goes to the ap board, for another wires there is one +, one - , and 8 holes for the signals. I found this picture http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Image:Ppzppmencsetup.jpg  and I am not sure now, how should I do a wiring. In 168 version each of the channels had power, ground and signal  which are going to R/C receiver. Does it mean here that the R/C receiver will be powered just from one wire with one ground wire?! , and for other channels signal wires must be connected only?!

Please, I need some help with it. I  have not found any instructions how to do it.

It would be nice to have a better picture with some instructions to it.  Just sent it to my private e-mail if you have some or may be a link.

Thank you.

Roman

Bristol Institute of Technology

University of the West of England