Re: [Paparazzi-devel] five rotors UAV

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] five rotors UAV
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 22:09:09 +0200

A tri-rotor, quadrotor, five-rotor, hexarotor octorotor or anything else can all be done with paparazzi. Actually: the flight code is the same and only the "control allocation differ".

For the uneven rotor numbers you will need a servo to tilt one (or more) rotors. This can be done as all boards can drive motor controllers and servo's together. Using only motor controllers is easier though and ready to use. I'm not sure there is any "ready to use configuration" for motor controllers together with a servo though, so that little bit of experience in coding can help!

-Christophe