[Paparazzi-devel] joystick begginings

From: GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] joystick begginings
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:21:04 +0100

Hi,

I am trying these days using a joystick with paparazzi, but don’t know exactly what can I do with the current software, these are the steps I’ve taken up-to-now:

First of all, and following Paul Cox notes I have connected my simulator radio to the computer and launched the joystick test program from sw/ground_segment/joystick. It has output info like the provided by Paul (axis, buttons and a name of the usb device).

Then, I have modified the .xml file in the same path in order to accomplish with the number of buttons and axis I had. (I had an error related to the path where it was looking for the messages.xml file, but could link the wrong path(for me, provided that I have installed paparazzi in the home folder) to the right one. Then, I had a message in the terminal telling that the device was ok and a broadcasting address.

I have verified the datalink message set actuators had the label forwarded.

Finally, I have launched the iviprobe, but apart from a READY, I have had no more messages in the terminal. Executing enter again, it said no-peer.

I supposed Paul used the joystick with the target: setup_actuators, and tried to compile and upload it(in a tiny and a twog), launching session and so on, with the subsystem joystick defined in the airframe file, as well as the target setup_actuators, and the settings file setup_actuators…but of course I had no idea what this target is used for, and with iviprobe I could see a lot of messages, but not the one called set actuators.

Any guideline? Has the joystick been used with the target sim or ap? Have I missed some configuration step? I have read something related to a flight plan with a joystick block, and I have seen something related to using the joystick with the booz, I have also seen there is a message called raw_joystick…but can’t find out how all these things could patch all together, so any info would be really apreciated.

Thanks