[Paparazzi-devel] strange modem problem

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] strange modem problem
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:55:58 +0200

I have a strange problem with radio modem communication.
I finally made the joystick work perfectly well but only when i use the xbee 2.4 ghz modems at 9600bps. Everything works fine when i use the Xbee pro modems at 9600 bps but when i try to use the 9xtend modems the joystick movements become erratic and the downlink data rate also becomes very slow to the point of losing communication every 3-5 seconds according to the Link indicator of the GCS. The GCS takes a lot of time to populate (more than a minute!) when started. Without the joystick the data rate is excellent and data upload to the aircraft is also very fast....
Has anyone seen this behavior before?
Chris