[Paparazzi-devel] re: SBAS

From: GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] re: SBAS
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:08:46 +0100

Hi,

We finally found out the problem was related to the proximity between the gps receiver and the modem due to a recent onboard hardware modification. Now they are about 15cm away one from another and we have good accuracy again. (still not tried SBAS).

We are experiencing rc issues(in the GCS can see ok but not the hole square green, then lost, none, ok…)not always but really frequently. What could the interferences come from(I suppose it is an interference problem)? The rc receiver is alone 20cm away from the ap/modem, maybe near the opto-ESC(the same airframe wall, ESC outside, receiver inside). It is futaba 35Mhz with the antenna extended along the fuselage. Could the problem be in the rc transmitter or onboard?

We are thinking about sending the rc commands via the modem(which has never failed for us), not rc tx/rx. Is it a good solution or has it any disadvantage? Is anybody doing this yet? Any previous work related? I’ll take a look to the joystick messages from previous weeks.

Ana