Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L and Aspirin IMU OSHW release.

From: Bernard Davison
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/L and Aspirin IMU OSHW release.
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:42:44 +1100

Hi Niki,

I can answer some of your questions but not all.

1) Aerodynamic angles, alpha and beta: two general analog inputs available on Lisa/L. Are there control loops ready to use these information?

Sorry I can't help you on this one.

2) GPS: What item/module should we use?

You can use multiple. Anything that works with a TWOG or BOOZ will be fine.

3) Video-Camera: Can we use the USB OTG port for video-camera control purpose?

Can't really help you there. but I'd imagine that you'd want to keep the flight computer free for flying and use the overo.
A post came through a little while ago for the PIXHAWK.
This looks like a good option. they don't give example images through so who knows what the quality is like. :-(

4) Internet Key: Can we use the USB Host port for Internet key interfacing? Are software interfaces available already?

I think this may have been done but I can't find an applicable wiki page at the moment.

5) External Computational Module: Is it possible to use the Gumstix Overo FE together with autopilot Lisa L?

Yes apparently you can do this but I haven't yet. but would like to.

6) Servos and Engine control: Is a PPM decoder needed? Can we control the servos (four) and the engine without any further modules?

No further hardware is required for servos. you'll need ESC for motors of course.

HTH.

Cheers,
Bernie.

Dear friends who uses a Lisa L paparazzi autopilot.
I have got a couple of questions that I really appreciate if someone can answer
1) Aerodynamic angles, alpha and beta: two general analog inputs available on Lisa/L. Are there control loops ready to use these information?

2) GPS: What item/module should we use?

3) Video-Camera: Can we use the USB OTG port for video-camera control purpose?

4) Internet Key: Can we use the USB Host port for Internet key interfacing? Are software interfaces available already?

5) External Computational Module: Is it possible to use the Gumstix Overo FE together with autopilot Lisa L?

6) Servos and Engine control: Is a PPM decoder needed? Can we control the servos (four) and the engine without any further modules?

thanks in advance.