Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Low IR contrast ( https://github.com/paparazzi/pap

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Low IR contrast ( https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues#issue/17 )
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:18:27 +0100

We could do that as soon as we have a general state interface and not the interface of estimator anymore...

Cheers, Felix

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Chris Gough <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, this is a theoretical question about IR.bogus (not something I
actually foresee needing).

If both IMU and IR hardware were present, would it be possible to
switch between IMU / IR stabilization based on IR.bogus? i.e. when the
horizon was visible, use IR to stabilize (otherwise fall back to IMU).
I think this would only make sense if the IMU was reset during
IR-stabilized flight (if that is even sensible). For example, a
high-vibration takeoff ("IMU.bogus=true"), followed some time later by
a cruse through heavy cloud (IR.bogus=true).

CG

.