[Paparazzi-devel] re: adcs and sensors

From: GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] re: adcs and sensors
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:40:58 +0100

Sorry I mail again…

The IMU_RAW _ACCEL&GYRO messages are defined as type int32 and unit adc.

When I set sensitivities(both gyros and accels) to 1, the IMU_RAW datas are aprox 512 for accels and 380 for gyros (which is consistent with their default output values---0g-vs/2-1.65v, 0º/s-1.23v-380) thinking only in the adc output with values from 0 to 1023.

According to the sensitivity parameter, I think it should be something  like the following:

Accel:

3mv/1step*g/330mvàg/step or m/s^2/step…then, when multiplying for the number of steps…it could result the acceleration…

And my parameter should be like 0.0883, and the result would be in m/s^2.

But when I set this sensitivity, it is too small and the imu doesn’t move…and the RAW values change…

Should my parameter be defined in BFP?

Although this won’t be enough to get my imu calibrated, I’d really like to know how the sens parameter should be theoretically defined.