Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Google Maps in Maverick

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Google Maps in Maverick
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:55:18 +0100

Hi Felix,

first the easy SMTP issue:

Thanks for the hint concerning required manual download. I should have
known that from previous installations. As you have indicated it is
well described on the wiki. Works now just fine.

Second the tricky map issue:

My download is still very slow. It takes exactely 20 seconds for a
tile to download. Reproducable. Not depending on other internet
traffic, local computing power or anything else. I guess a timeout
occurs after 20 seconds and then the tile is loaded. I have no idea
why it is not loaded immediately. Patience helps.

But my cache now works again. The hint on the wiki to remove some
files from the maps directory helped:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Maps

Cheers, Reto